Alex surprised me with these beautiful flowers when I got home from school and work on Thursday. They are absolutely gorgeous! He is soooo wonderful!
Yesterday, we were working on our newest building project. It is not quite done, though, so I don't have pictures of it. Alex was painting in our little kitchen being very careful not to make a mess. When I was trying to help him move a few things, I decided to move the paint can into a different spot...a spot I thought would be safer from spilling and making a mess. Well, I was wrong. As I was stepping out of the kitchen to go back to our bedroom, I knocked the paint over right on to the carpet!!!! I just about freaked out, but thank goodness Alex was on his toes ready to help. We did our best to clean the mess with water and soap and carpet cleaner we had previously purchased. But, it was definitely not enough to clean the BLACK paint I spilled all over. Yes, it was BLACK paint on beige carpet...not a good combination to say the least. So, I got on the internet to see if there were any places that rent out carpet cleaners. Sure enough, the little grocery store two blocks away has Rug Doctor machines available for rent. We promptly headed over to the store to get the machine, and we have used it several times since. We don't know if it will ever come out completely, but it sure has helped a ton. Needless to say, we won't be painting in the kitchen again. Here are a few pictures from this not so wonderful adventure. At least we have been able to laugh about it!
wow! looks like lots of fun adventures! haha. but good thing you got the black paint out of the carpet! how scary! I think that shotgun is almost as big as you...shooting guns is fun huh? Did it have a kick? Those are the scary ones! I shot one once that almost knocked me back on my tush. :) Anyway, happy late bday to the hubby! miss you!
ReplyDeleteIs Alex actually crying in the first picture? I'm sure it's bad Alex, but not that bad.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Hayley! :)
ReplyDeletei love the new look of the blog! it looks great! love you guys!
ReplyDelete