To start off, we had Alex's birthday back on February 3. Yes, I know that was a long time ago. We celebrated by going to Red Robin. I got Alex a few presents and made him a cake (It actually turned out quite well considering it was my first time making a cake from scratch!). Thanks to both of our parents and Alex's grandma, Alex was able to get an audio receiver and a sub woofer for his birthday. He has been wanting these for quite a while now, so he was pretty excited to see all the cash that came his way to help him complete his sound system. We love to use it on the weekends for movies. Here are a few pictures of us getting it all set up.
For Valentine's Day, we decided not to get each other anything. We just wanted to go out for a nice lunch or dinner. We were originally going to try to go to Tucano's for lunch, but they were totally booked. So, we ended up at Macaroni Grill for an early dinner. It's one of our favorites! Here's a picture of us outside of the restaurant. I also decided to try making a new treat...Strawberry Tartlets. The phyllo dough was a bit difficult to use, but I got the hang of it and they turned out to be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment